I was reading my old Xanga today when I stumbled upon this gem. I filled this survey out 6 years ago as a 19 year old and remember it being a lot of fun. Here I go again! But first I have to change all the 2004s to 2010s and 2005s to 2011s.
-The Year 2010 in Review-
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? bought a new car, tried rock climbing, visited Yosemite, saw elephant seals, made an effort to eat locally & organically, worked summer school, biked on the Katy Trail, toured Alcatraz, biked across the Golden Gate Bridge, planted a garden
how to make something and drink more water
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope
4. Did anyone close to you die? no
5. What countries did you visit? stayed stateside this year
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? motivation
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? There really isn't one.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? teaching kids : )
9. What was your biggest failure? keeping in touch with friends. I'm terrible about calling people!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? swine flu
11. What was the best thing you bought? CAR!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? local farmers
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Monsanto
14. Where did most of your money go? car
15. How many weddings did you go to? Three- one uncle, one cousin, and a family friend
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? "I throw my hands up in the air sometimes." I don't know who sings that song, but I LOVE it
17. What do you wish you'd done more of? running, reading, and rock climbing (indoors, of course!)
18. What do you wish you'd done less of? worrying
19. Did you fall in love in 2004? yes, with a dog named Sophie
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate
22. What was the best book you read? Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? well, I invented the piano, so that was pretty cool. Other than that, I haven't discovered anything.
24. What did you want and get? a new car
25. What did you want and not get? frizz-free hair
26. What was your favorite film of this year? Food, INC.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 25, went to work for a few hours, then came home and Kyle made me dinner- chicken with peaches
28. What kept you sane? Kyle
29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm totally obsessed with the whole William and Kate engagement
30. What political issue stirred you the most? genetically modified foods/pesticide use/factory farms
31. Who did you miss? Beth, Maureen, Nancy, Jessica, Katie, Jenny.... pretty much anyone I could wear an ugly Christmas sweater around without judgment
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. "We vote three times a day- with with every dollar we spend on food." Or something like that, basically what it boils down to is that we support whatever practices we spend our money on.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Life is a highway."
Gosh, that was more difficult to fill out than I had remembered. I had thought 2010 was rather mundane, but it seems to be one for the memory book after all.