Monday, January 3, 2011

Are We Running a 10K tomorrow?

Today was my first day back at work in almost two weeks.  I have to say, the day was actually pretty good.  I love the way a break can excite me about my job again.  When I arrived home from my second job this evening, I was greeted by the sweet aroma of a dinner I didn't have to make.  Roasted cauliflower and pasta. Look at the size of my serving of pasta, compliments of Kyle.  Do I look like a linebacker?  Are we running a race tomorrow?  SERIOUSLY.  I ate all of my cauliflower and bread, but only half of the spaghetti.  Anyone else wondering where the color is in the meal?  How about the protein?  Love my husband, but this meal wasn't the most balanced. 
My favorite part was the cauliflower.  Here's the recipe; it's adapted from one in a Martha Stewart cookbook.

Roasted Cauliflower
              makes two servings
1/2 head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
1tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. paprika

1.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2.  Place all ingredients in a bowl with a lid.
3.  Shake ingredients together until the cauliflower is well-covered in paprika.
4.  Spread cauliflower in a single layer on a cookie sheet (I always cover mine with foil first)
5.  Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until cauliflower is lightly browned.

Now for the pasta recipe, boil spaghetti, drain, and cover with pasta sauce.  Complicated, right?  LOL.  Could this dinner be the motivation I need to start making dinner again?

No comments:

Post a Comment