Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Shoes for the Whole Family

Remember how shoe shopping for Buster was on my to-do list?  It's crossed off because I went shopping on Monday and found these booties!  Aren't they slimming?  I'll do a whole review of this product once I've taken my lil' guy on a long walk.
Even more exciting than Buster's booties are my new kicks!  After reading a Young House Love post about Sherry getting Reebok EasyTone sneakers, I secretly started wanting these shoes.  So I online shopped a bit and realized they were out of my price range.  There was no way I could justify spending $70+ on shoes I didn't actually need.  This is the part of my story where Marshalls swoops in an saves the day!

Last night when Kyle and I were at Marshalls, I found a selection of three different EasyTones for $39 a pair! SCORE!  That's the price I always pay for sneaks, so I quickly grabbed up these in pink.  Aren't they beautiful?  I wore them around all last night at home and was even tempted to sleep in them.   I resisted the temptation, but put them on first thing this morning and enjoyed a 40 minute walk on the treadmill.  After the walk, I noticed my leg muscles twitching with gladness.  I think the EasyTones did their job!   
After working out, I came home and got ready for my day by grabbing a lunch/snack.  Pomegranate Chobani, apple, and whole grain orange-craisin muffin.  DELISH!
A few hours and handfuls of pretzels later,  I sat down to a tasty bowl of Wolfgang Puck Chicken and Wild Rice soup.
Then Kyle came home and we set off on chilly walk at the park where Buster wore his booties.  The park we went to is a rehabilitated wetland so there was a lot of wildlife to enjoy.  We saw about 6 muskrats.  They are much uglier than I thought and have tails that look like snakes, but besides the muskrats, the walk was nice! 
Post walk, we put a Dominoes coupon to work.  Here's a picture of half my meal which was four slices of pineapple pizza and organic milk.  Yes, I feel like the person who orders two big macs and a diet coke.  I can't help it, whether I like it or not, I'm American.
What's your best Marshall's find?

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried the black cherry chobani? I had that for the first time today. I think it might be my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried it! It's delish! I can't pick a favorite chobani- they're all so good.

    ReplyDelete