Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chirping

Chirping birds woke me up this morning.  I knew it was a good sign, so I rolled over towards the window and realized:  no sunshine.  This is the sixth sunshineless day in a row!  I've been good about not complaining about the weather all spring break, but today the weather kinda ticked me off.  Please sunshine, I beg you to show yourself tomorrow!

Despite the lack of sunshine,  I managed to get out of bed and get reading.  I finished the book Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper.
source
It's a book written for middle school students; I read it for a book club.  The book is written from the point of view of a child who has cerebral palsy and cannot speak.  The main character Melody is extremely smart and has so much to say, but she can't say it.  Her thoughts and feelings were so real!  I cried bawled at three separate parts of this story.  It was so touching and sad, and I just wanted her to be able to talk!  Her parents were so loving and always believed in their daughter.  I get choked up just thinking about it!  I have no idea who I would recommend this book to, but it opened my eyes and has made me a more compassionate person.  It's perfect for teachers to read and reminds us that all students can and want to learn.

Enough mushy stuff,  my food today was uninteresting, more of the same- it was a 'left over' day.   I got in a nice walk at the gym in my new kicks and followed that by weight lifting.  Hopefully, I'll be up to 7.5 pounders by the middle of April!  I came home and instantly became a gardener- weeding the raised beds we have in our backyard.  I plan on doing a lot of posts about last year's garden, what we learned, and what this year's garden will be like.  Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment