Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 35: Shower at the Hanneke Homestead

I am not a fan of Facebook shout outs.  Blog shout-outs on the other hand?  I'm for 'em!  I've got to give a shout-out to my BFF Jessica, sister Rita, Aunt Laurel, and everyone else who helped to make my shower amazing yesterday!  The decorations were perfect, the food was delicious, and the company couldn't be beat. 
FAVORS!  Psst- aren't the nests amazing?
Fresh shrimp and salad greens flown in from South Carolina
After eating lunch, we played a game.   The first game had us writing down baby necessities for every letter of the alphabet.  Naturally, I thought I'd rock at this, having looked at every baby product known to man while registering.  Despite going through my entire registry in my mind, I failed to dominate even come close to winning. Aunt Kathy took home the trophy for this game- she had an item for every letter!  
 The second game we played was guess the poop where you pass around soiled diapers and have to guess what animal the excrement came from. 
Teamwork
"Hey, this looks familiar!"

Laugh now mom, you'll be seeing a lot of the human variety soon enough,

Getting a second opinion
This game was a hoot and the best part was that everyone was a winner!  Evidently, we all know our poop candy bars.

Of course Baby M received some amazing gifts, and I had fun opening them for him!
We now have enough necessities where I can honestly say, we're ready for him to come!  Before the shower, he would have been sleeping in a diaper on the plastic covering of the mattress, now he has comfy sheets, swaddles, and so much more! One of the cutest gifts was a gift the grandmas received.
It's a suitcase!  In what insane fantasy world does all of a baby's necessities for a weekend fit in this?  I don't know, but I already want to live there!  Or maybe it's like a bottomless Mary Poppin's bag?  Either way, it's adorable, and I know Laura's chomping at the bit for little boy to be here to use it!  After presents, it was time to chow down on dessert.  Raspberry tart? Bird's nest cookie?  Cake ball?  Eclair (not pictured, but still amazing)?  YES PLEASE!  Being pregnant is the best when it comes to dessert because I feel no guilt.  None whatsoever, just pure deliciousness!
I want to thank everyone who came out to the shower!  It was a beautiful day, and I truly felt loved (even if that's not what you were going for)!  Kyle and I can't wait for Baby M to arrive next month, and it's clear quite a few other family members are anxious for his arrival as well!  We feel blessed to have such  great family to help us raise our little guy! 
 P.S. Did you know it's good luck to have a pregnant lady scratch off your numbers on a lottery ticket?  Jessica won $15 and a photo of herself on the blog!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower Brenda! So special you have such great family and friends! Baby Mc is so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had lots of fun and was so happy to see you!!

    ReplyDelete