Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 33: One 'Last' Road Trip

Kmac and I road tripped over Labor Day weekend to visit friends in Minnesota.  I did fabulously on the 7.5 hour car ride; needing to stop only 3 times each way and freaking out over blood clots in my legs only once!  Not too bad for a hypochondriac!   While we were in Rochester, MN, we hit up the farmer's market.  Naturally, there was plenty of produce, but what really caught our eyes was the chocolate covered bacon.  To make it even better, this concoction came on a stick!  Kyle ate the majority of it; Marc had one bite, while I used the 'I'm pregnant, I shouldn't eat something like that' excuse.  Kyle said it wasn't too bad, rather it had the sweet-salty thing going on.
 The next day, the boys played 18 holes of disc golf at a closed ski resort.  I walked with them for the first 9 holes before getting tired of all the bugs-they were swarming and biting!   I went back to the clubhouse and read Birth Skills.  The guys had a great time; I'm sure they enjoyed the bonding without an ole' pregnant lady hanging around.
 The weather was quite brisk up north and a welcome change from all the Missouri heat. 

Now for some questions....
How far along?: 33 weeks 3 days.
How big is the baby?: 17 inches long, 4 1/2 lbs- gaining 1/2 lb. each week!! 
Weight gain/loss:
17 pounds
Pregnancy symptoms:
hunger- I eat like a teenage boy, heartburn, fatigue, ineffectiveness- I've been staying at work until around 6 each night just getting everything done (why does everything take me so long to do!?), soreness under chest when sitting
Sleep: One word: snoogle.  This pillow is a miracle worker and was worth every penny! Waking up for bathroom breaks ~2 times a night
Best moment this week:
Our weekend trip to Minnesota was pretty rad.  Awesome events included, but were not limited to: going to IKEA, having dinner with Uncle Ron, Aunt Sherry, Taylor, and Jordan, watching the MU game, and catching up with friends!
Movement: Tons!  You'd think I was a professional belly dancer.  This stomach's got serious moves!
Food cravings:
Everything, I've started thinking, "I'm pregnant, I can eat that" which led to eating more fast food this weekend than I normally would in a year.  French fries?  Check (actually, triple check!).  Burgers? Double check.  Mozzarella sticks?  You betcha.  Now that I'm back home though, I'm trying to limit my daily unhealthy food to ice cream.   I've got to gain 1 pound a week somehow and baby carrots aren't going to do it for me!
Food aversions: Brussel sprouts, any salad dressing in my refrigerator
What I love: How nice people are when they see I'm pregnant, all the movement, talking about the baby/pregnancy (yes, I'm one of those women!) I also like that I always have my little guy with me- I'm never lonely or bored!
What I miss:
my pre-pregnancy body, I look at pictures from week 13 and think, "Will I ever get back to that!?"
What I am looking forward to:
my first baby shower this weekend thrown by my coworkers; it's nice to have a third family : )
Nursery Update:
The room is coming together!  The furniture, including the glider, is set up in the room.  The crib mattress arrived last week.  We hung all of the 'art' on the walls only for me to think, "This just doesn't look right."  So we splurged on Etsy last night and hopefully our purchase will arrive sometime this week so we can get it up in the room.  For a hint, I'll tell you- it has to do with my dream nursery post!

No comments:

Post a Comment