Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tractors and Skeletons

Today was the most beautiful day of 2011 and I was so excited to be able to enjoy the weather.  I started of my Saturday with a piece of whole wheat toast slathered with almond butter and flax seeds, an orange, and a glass of organic milk.  I had an apple for a snack later in the morning.
After breakfast, I hit up garage sales which was fairly uneventful- I was looking for one item in particular and couldn't find it.  After going to garage sales, I met some friends at the University of Missouri Veterinary School's Annual Open House where we took a tractor ride to a huge arena full of farm animals.  After looking at all the animals, I honestly cannot decide which is cuter an alpaca or a baby goat.  I used to think hands down- baby goats are the cutest, but lately these furry white guys have been growing on me. 

 In addition to the plethora of animals, there was a room of skeletons, a tour of the equine hospital, and a dog show.  The dog show was really crowded so I didn't snap a picture, but check out this white tail deer skeleton!
After the open house, we went to Shakespeare's Pizza for lunch. For those of you not familiar with Columbia, Shakespeare's is THE pizza place.  It really has the best pizza in town.  It's also the most expensive, but you get what you pay for: deliciousness!  I split a 12" vegetarian pizza with my friend Diana.  As you can tell, it's loaded with red onion, black olives, green pepper, and mushrooms.  I had two pieces at the restaurant and thought I was done eating.  Ha!  The pizza smell drove me crazy on my drive home so naturally I had one of my leftover pieces right when I walked in the door.  This is my ONE remaining piece.... I call it "Tomorrow's lunch."
I spent the rest of the afternoon in the backyard with the dogs just reading and talking on the phone. It was a perfect Saturday in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment