Monday, November 29, 2010

Making a List, Checking Thrice

The holidays are upon us and my favorite way to celebrate is to eat cookies, but that's not what this post is about. It's about my second favorite way to celebrate- giving gifts. Every year I go through the same decision making, "Who do I need to buy gifts for?" The usual people are on my list- hubs, mom, dad, bro, sis, McMom, McDad, McSis (gotta love Irish in-laws!), and a friend or two. Then of course, there are the gift exchanges, and this year, in addition to the fam and friends, I have added "co-workers"- six of them. Last year they got me presents and I felt guilty not reciprocating, thus- they've made this year's list. I make the list in a fun little green notebook with butterflies on the front. I write everyone's name and then go back in to write in the gifts I will be giving them this year. Across from that I put the approximate cost of all the gifts. It helps keep holiday spending under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment